Tuesday, January 4, 2011

#2

Next on my tally is Charlie Wilson's War. This was a repeat viewing that I downloaded through the Playstation Network. I LOVE this film. Tom Hanks is wonderful as the whiskey drinking, womanizing, foul-mouthed congressman from Texas. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is also superb as the unlikely and totally non-stereotypical spy, Gust Avacodos. Never been a big Julia Roberts fan, but she does well. Amy Adams is just plain fucking hot. Great script by Aaron Sorkin. 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Would be 5, but they skimped a little on the Hind helicopter action scenes, although that's not what the movie as about. Would have loved to meet the real Charlie Wilson in person. Alas, he passed away a couple months ago. RIP, Charlie and thanks for keeping us safe against the commie bastards.

P.S. I love this movie so much, I actually watched it twice, back to back last night, but I'm only counting it as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment